He was born in 1971 in Sivas. After completing his primary and secondary education with excellent degrees, he was the first of the term in Cumhuriyet University Faculty of Medicine, which he started in 1988. In 1989 he got “First in Sivas” in the Student Placement Exam and accepted in Istanbul University Cerrahpaşa Faculty of Medicine. In 1994, he completed his compulsory service at Tokat Zile State Hospital and continued his duty as Sivas 4th Region Health Group President.
He was awarded the title of “Doctor of the Year in Sivas” in 1997, with his studies on the dissemination of Health Services to society. He completed his Internal Medicine Specialization, which he started in 1998. In 2002, and became an Internal Medicine Specialist. Dr. Arikan had received many national and international awards with his scientific studies during his specialization period. Also, has national and international publications, posters, and presentations in many congresses. Since his specialization period, he has been working intensively on Gastrointestinal Diseases and Metabolic Diseases and their components.
Doctor Arikan, who has been working as the Director of Internal Departments and Board Member at Avicenna Ataşehir Hospital since 2002, was awarded “Vision Physician of the Year in Istanbul in 2017 by various institutions.
Besides, he got another title in 2019 “The Medical Physician of the Year in Turkey” and also, he has been awarded different valuable prizes.
- Cardiology diseases
- Nephrology diseases
- Gastroenterology diseases
- Internal Medicine Disorders: Acute Respiratory Infection, Diabetes, Hypertension, Asthma, Menopause, etc.
He has many studies and scientific publications published in Turkey and abroad.
- 2002: “Best Study of the Year Award” at the “National Gastroenterology Congress” with a study he conducted on “Differences in Nitric Oxide Synthase Activation in Cases with Chronic Hepatitis, Compensated and Decompensated Cirrhosis and Its Effect on Clinical Situation”.
- 2001: “Honorable Mention Award” in Europe Nephrology Congress for his study on “The Effect of Hemodialysis on Serum Nitric Oxide Level” in Chronic Kidney Diseases.
- Turkish Medical Association
- Turkish Gastroenterology Association
- Turkey Internal Medicine Specialists Association
- Turkish Society of Cardiology
- Ataşehir Union Platform (ABP) President
- Ataşehir Sivaslılar Platform (ASİP) President
- Civil Society Movement (STH) Executive Board Member and Advisor to the Chairman
- ESAM Istanbul Branch Membership
- KIZILAY Ataşehir Board Member
- Friendship Group Member