The General Surgery Department of the Avicenna Hospital is responsible for examining and treating patients and providing surgical and post-operative procedures with the highest quality.
General surgery is a branch of medicine that focuses on the surgical treatment of diseases that cannot be cured with medications or other treatment methods. It is a therapeutic approach in which robotic technology is widely employed and effective results are achieved. General Surgery collaborates with different departments. Both cancer and non-cancer surgeries are performed in this department.
General surgery specialists are skillful surgeons who treat a variety of abdominal problems such as appendicitis, hernias, and gallbladder procedures. In addition, they perform a considerable number of routine surgeries. General surgeons perform the majority of elective surgeries. for example, they deal with gall bladder problems and hernia surgeries.
Surgeries and Treatments Done at the General Surgery Department
- Laparoscopic – Endoscopic surgery
- Bariatric Surgery: Obesity surgeries
- Gastrointestinal Diseases
- Hepato-Pancreatic-Biliary Surgery
- Endocrine Surgery such as Thyroid, Breast, Adrenal Surgery
- Hernia Surgery such as Abdominal wall, surgery site, belly, inguinal hernias
- Anal Region diseases such as Hemorrhoids, Fistula, Fissure, Abscess, Tumor
- All kinds of Minor Surgical Interventions such as Abscess drainage, biopsy, thin and thick needle biopsies, ultrasound-guided biopsies
- soft tissue infections
- Ingrown hair treatment
- Treatment of varicose veins (sclerotherapy and surgery)
- emergency surgery
- Non-surgical treatment for varicose veins
Explanation of some treatments performed at the General surgery department
- Laparoscopic Surgery: It is a surgical method using a camera and microsurgical instruments that enter the abdomen through holes of 0.5 cm-1 cm by using modern technical facilities. It is also widely utilized to contribute to the advancement of postoperative healing.
- Thyroid gland (Goiter) surgery: Removes problems that necessitate surgical treatment in endocrinology department patients.
- Upper gastrointestinal: Surgical treatment for disorders of the liver, esophagus, and stomach. Obesity surgery and cancer surgeries are also supported.
- Oncology: Removing the tumors that might develop in various body sections in collaboration with General Surgery.
- Endocrine: Thyroid and other endocrine gland diseases.
- Colorectal: Surgical treatment for colon, rectum, and anal canal disorders.
- Breast: Breast cancer surgery typically includes reconstructive operations that do not need plastic surgeons. Also, the examination of the high number of patients with breast complaints.